List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPilot job: fix PilotLocalDatabase
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-10 20:46:13

PilotLocalDatabase is evil. Particularly

	PilotRecord* fRecords[10000]; // Current max records in DB.. hope it's enough

which has been in the code for 4 years now. It *has* been enough so far, but
an 8M Pilot device has space for 10000 records of 800 bytes -- so I can well
imagine that this limit will be reached some time. In kdenonbeta/kitchensync
there's a I-say-it's-fixed version (probably in pilotDaemon/, still called
pilotLocalDatabase) that uses QLists. I'm looking for someone who wants to
take a really close look at both implementations, check that they have the
same behavior and so vet the QList implementation for use in KPilot. Any
takers?