List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot nasty fiddly bits
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-09-30 11:16:21

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, David Bishop wrote:
> Oh, sure, blame the other guy :-)

Yup. Don't forget, Apache has security hols as well, so we're not allowed
to complain to Bill that *his* web sever has security holes.

> > It's probably trivial to change, but that's messing with pilot-link. I'll
> > send them a message.
>
> "Send them a message"?  You been watching the Sopranos again? heh...

Um, I know enough about North American culture to know it's a Mafia TV
show, but there ends my exposure. OTOH, I've been reading the OpenBSD
comics (tonight, da script kitty sleeps wid' da fishes) so maybe that's
the issue.

The problem was fixed in pilot-link in january, but that hasn't percolated
down to RH 7.1 yes. So for now I'll leave it, and add a QValidator as
soong as I can figure out how.

> Oh, I am, believe me :-)  Btw, here you go.  It's got a tooltip and
> everything! We're probably going to need to beat the whole "widget the wrong
> size" thing to death again, but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.
> Note that we need to add buttons when we inherit KDialogBase, but I've read
> (somewhere) that you can have up to 5 buttons on a child of KDiBa, which
> gives us Add, Remove, Ok, Apply, and Cancel.

Yoiks, I thought we were headed for the
two-listboxes-with-some-buttons-between style of configuration and
ditching the nifty-treeview. The thing is, there's an actual single widget
class ListCategorizer that does all the work, so there's no point at all
in having that .ui file, since the subclass of KDialogBase that we need
*anyway* can just instantiate one of those ListCategorizers. Sorry to
waste your time, David. If you want to give the TLWSBB style a stab (more
Sopranos!) plz. do -- it'd make an interesting comparison in usability.

I've just added the Configure Conduit, Activate and Deactivate buttons to
the configure dialog, and they have behavior too, so you can try that out
from CVS (pretty big update, lots of layout, many icons moved or
transformed, etc.)