List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: private import names
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-09-25 10:17:52

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:07:55 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 September 2013 11:41:36 Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:
> > Import names. As we can't use our setContextProperty tricks in subclass=
ed
> > Applets anymore, we'll have to resort more often to installing imports
> > that
> > are very specific (i.e. not libraries per se, but more like C++ portions
> > needed for a certain applet). Examples are Kickoff, Icon, and the dread=
ed
> > systray. I suggest to use "org.kde.plasma.private.$widgetname" for this,
> > so
> > we can filter for these imports later on, when our import security has
> > been
> > implemented. Objections? (No objections means that I'll change it.)
> =

> first,
> get out of my mind

Never! :)

> I was thinking to something even more radical, that we can try to have =

> consistent in whole kde (since i suspect a lot of other modules will have
> qml  imports such as kdepim, or many other apps, such as games, kdeedu...)
> =

> so something like private.org.kde.plasma.widgetname or =

> .org.kde.private.plasma.widgetname

The leading . is purposeful?

> the first would take a "private" at the first level, that maybe is not to=
o =

> nice, but the nice part is that it would always be
> private.$widgetpluginname  that has some beauty (and easy filtering) in it

I'm cool with private at the beginning, I actually don't care too much, as =

long as it's consistent. This has been spooking around my mind since I ship-
it'ed Bhushan's Icon port, I just like to get rid of this nagging feeling t=
hat =

we have to change something there. And I'm running into the exact same in t=
he =

systray port.

Cheers,
-- =