List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Moving Wishlist Items to Brainstorm
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar () autistici ! org>
Date:       2013-05-28 11:29:24

On 27.05.2013 23:44, Luiz Rom=E1rio Santana Rios wrote:
> 2013/5/27 Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar@autistici.org>:
>> On the other hand, consistency would be very useful here. It would get q=
uite
>> confusing for users if they had to know for each project whether it acce=
pts
>> wishlist items on bugzilla or on brainstorm. If all of KDE moved to
>> brainstorm for wishes, we could just post on the Dot "From now on, all
>> feature requests for KDE projects will be handled on
>> brainstorm.forum.kde.org". At least for users, this would be much more
>> helpful than a fragmented landscape where they may either go to bugzilla=
 or
>> brainstorm in vain because the project they have a request for uses the
>> other one.
>
> One thing that concerns me a bit is that the brainstorm forums (AFAIK)
> doesn't have a search feature as advanced as bugzilla's, where you can
> choose to see bugs by product, component, version, etc.. Wouldn't that
> handicap developers looking for feature requests?

If developers start actively searching for very specific brainstorm =

topics, the whole point of moving there would be moot.
The goal is that the forum does the filtering and developers only have =

to look at the most upvoted ideas and move those that seem to be worthy =

of implementation back into bugzilla.