List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Display Configuration KCM design review
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2012-10-03 13:50:20

Le mercredi 3 octobre 2012 14:27:47 Marco Martin a =E9crit :
> On Wednesday 03 October 2012, Aur=E9lien G=E2teau wrote:
> > > well, better that a rectangle :p
> > > anyways, could do that only the monitor below has the stand, the one
> > > above not (in the way they are positioned it would just look that the
> > > stand of the above monitor is hidden by the other one)
> > =

> > One potential problem with the Plasma monitor is light glares are going=
> > be all messed up if the screen is rotated, especially the one on the
> > screen itself. Maybe something along the line of attached mockup would
> > fit? (only, drawn by an artist) The led is a cue about the orientation =
of
> > the screen (and you can use a dimmed one if the screen is disabled).
> =

> the monitor shouldn't be rotated at all (no graphics is going to appear
> correct or decent once rotated, really :p), just resized to the proper si=
ze,
> that would be a rectangle taller than wide.

You will get distorted glares nevertheless... this may look good enough =

though, but I believe an abstract-enough representation can look good rotat=
ed.

> as your svg a svg element representing a power led may be added and drawn=
 on
> the right position to give more hint on how the monitor is rotated.

Isn't this likely to break with other themes? I am not sure there is a =

reliable way to get the correct offset in all cases.

> a problem with that is that it may suggest that led is a button and may be
> clicked somehow

I didn't envision this led to be big enough to be mistaken for an interacti=
ve =

control, but if it is made big enough, maybe it can be used to replace the =

"enabled" checkbox?

Aur=E9lien