List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Team meeting today
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2012-06-20 14:13:51

On 06/20/2012 03:50 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 14:12:48 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>> I think I might be one of the targets on why this IRC meeting is
> no one is a target at this, or any other, plasma meeting. it's not about
> rooting out blame or villianizing anyone. rather we're going to try and re-find
> our set of common ground rules for working with each other, starting with what
> we're wanting to personally achieve when working on this project and going
> from there.
>
>> procedure. Nobody ever read my answers and everyone just carried on with
>> his false perception. I feel pretty upset that an action done as annma =
>> member of the plasma team (or so I thought) is interpreted as a QA Team
>> action and generalized.
> i read your answers and i am clear on whether the action was one that you took
> or that the QA team took. it really does not matter which it was, at least not
> to me, which is why i didn't address that issue directly but tried to remain
> focused on the issue of commit reversions and, as a separate though related
> issue, removal requests. who does it is neither here nor there; what matters
> is that we have consensus on how to do these things .. this is something we
> had at one point in our team but which has evidently been lost to some degree
> as the team has recently grown.
it matters to me to not scapegoat the QA team in order to minimize its work.
>> The call for an IRC meeting mail starts with
>> "it has become apparent that we need to do something here about the
>> attitude demonstrated by some of those who have chosen to participate in
>> plasma."
>> in which I would have liked the "some of those" specifically nominated
>> and mailing list mails quoted in order to clear what this is all about.
> ime, when you start singling people out by name it becomes even more
> uncomfortable and unfair for pretty much everyone involved. what matters is
> that we have some issues that we can only work through _together_.
Usually meetings have agendas
>> Is my reverted commit a cause of this meeting? is it because other
>> developers questioned some design decisions like having the remaining
>> time displayed on the battery icon?
> this and several other events in the last 4-6 weeks. it also has not been just
> the actions themselves, but the way in which those actions were undertaken.
>
> this is all going to be covered during the meeting ..

I won't be there at the meeting unfortunately. I'll log it to read it.
Personally I like things to be said face to face that's why I take time
to write these mails. And I do feel targeted.
In any case I hope I clarified my position and if this one reverted
commit by me was not done properly (I think I never behaved unfairly
within KDE, have I?), this happens quite often. Happened from you too.
Let's then have a rule of review everything properly.

If Valorie's mail had not come I was about to mail Kevin (ervin) in
order to have a mediator of some sort, because I was uncomfortable with
this, not for me but for all plasma caring people (which may be or not
"The Plasma Team").

Anne-Marie

It'll be probably good to take some time to reflect on the Community
Working Group check list, with the help of this group members if necessary.