List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: editing in Plasma Component's TextField and TextArea
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-05 17:35:38

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:

> For Plasma Active, I think this is quite important functionality, so I suggest
> that we ship this patch (or an improved version of it) with PA2, and then
> integrate it into kde-runtime master at the start of the next cycle.

yep, cool work indeed, we can try to do it.

i can see a problem with moving around of the mouse done by the
virtual keyboard tough? (has to be tested)

> The patch adds a MouseEventListener which is basically a MouseArea which does
> *not* intercept events (the normal MouseArea does, and it's not changable, so
> we pretty much have to do it this way). This guy moves from mobilecomponents
> into qtextra.

ok, so for pa2 would be shipped as a patch to kde-runtime..
another thing that we have to pay attention that all the import foo
stuff in plasma-mobile are still valid