List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Displaying Data from Dataengine
From:       Saurabh Sood <saurabhsood91 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-13 19:57:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I am making a plasmoid which retrieves data from a dataengine. The key-value
pairs (and the number) are not fixed, and depends on the source requested. I
am facing problems in displaying them. I initially tried keysForSource, and
a Repeater, but that did not work. Then, I tried to use a DataModel. I was
taking the help of the digital-clock example in kdeexamples, but i think
that a similar problem exists in the clock plasmoid, as it does not display
all the available data.

I have pasted the code using repeater and keysForSource:
http://pastebin.com/Mtbs7L0A

Another query is that I am making use of KConfig to store the details from
the user. I created a UI file, and a config file. I used proper naming
convention for the UI file. When I run the plamoid in plasmoidviewer, the
plasmoid reads the configuration details. After installing the plasmoid, I
saved the relevant details, but the plasmoid was not able to read the data.
Have I missed something in this regard?

Regards,
Saurabh