List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Spacing in a plasma applet
From:       Alessandro Diaferia <alediaferia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-29 22:35:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2010/4/30 Jesús Fernández <jesusfs@gmail.com>

> Hi, I'm developing an applet (plasmoid) using the python bindings.
> I use a QGraphicsLinearLayout and I add IconWidgets to it.
> As I'd like the applet to live either in a horizontal or vertical panel,
> I'm checking the orientation of the parent containment to set the
> orientation
> of the applet's layout.
> I'd like the IconWidgets to have zero (or the minimum) spacing between
> them,
> so I call setSpacing(0) on the layout.
> This works fine when the applet is in the desktop, ie not in a panel
> or in the plasmoidviewer, but when the applet is in a panel,
> there's some spacing between them and I can't figure out how to remove it.
> Can someone please give me a hint?
> Thanks.

> unsubscribe <<

CC'ing this to plasma-devel to give more visibility.

Concerning your problem you probably want to do setSpacing(0) inside the
constraintsEvent but i'm not sure about this as there is someone else more
expert than me in this and in Python bindings; so let's wait for *them* to
reply. :-)

Cheers

--
Alessandro Diaferia