List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Can a QGraphicsWidget be added to Corona?
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-27 15:13:05

On Sunday 27 July 2008, Dong Tiger wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> I ran into a problem when porting GGL to plasma and I wonder if you can
> help me out:)
>
> When a google gadget needs to display some information in detail, I create
> a QGraphicsWidget to hold the information and add the QGraphicsWidget to
> the scene by applet()->scene()->addItem(this_widget). It works fine but
> after pressing Ctrl + F12 two times, the QGraphicsWidget just dispeared.

how is that information displayed? that qgraphicswidget is just another
floating element around the scene?
maybe it would make more sense to group that qgraphicswidget in a layout
together the main applet?
if no maybe use Containment::addApplet()? (but would be a kind of standalone
applet, doesn't sound too good perhaps?)

Cheers,
Marco Martin