List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [Panel-devel] trashcan applet
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-26 8:48:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> another patch :)
> it's still made against the committed version, so it's a little bit big...
> changes made:
> -initialization stuff moved to init() like you said
> -when the applet is at the top of the screen and there is no room for the
> popup over the icon, the popup is moved below the icon (maybe something
> like this would be good also for kickoff?)

yes, this needs to go into a generic method in plasma.cpp, really. just as we
did with kicker.

> -now it looks like an usual desktop icon so it does not have the standard
> background and has some text below the icon ("trash" and the number of
> items in the trash) the problem is that the text is always black, so it can
> become invisible over the background
> -the text under the icon is displayed only on planar and mediacenter
> formfactors
>
> maybe the last two points could make sense also for the launcher applet?

yes, probably some opportunity for code sharing indeed.

> the problem with drag and drop it's still here (dragging multiple files
> only one is "seen") but i noticed two strange things:
> printing the text of the qmimedata all the dropped urls appear
> and if i drop multiple files with the kde3 konqueror it works perfectly

so ... you're saying that dragging multiple files from a kde4 app (which one?
all?) is only giving you one url?

p.s. will commit your patch right now.

--
Aaron J. Seigo