List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: [noatun-patch] Avoiding duplicated entries in the tron playlist
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-03 7:18:06

Am Sunday 02 September 2001 17:38 schrieb Ismael Orenstein:
> Hey there!
>
> One big problem I had with the tron playlist was that it allowed duplicated
> entries to exist... so, if I wanted to update my "all" playlist (with all
> my music) I had to erase it all and then add my mp3 directory again. It
> would be a lot easier if I just had to add the directory again.
>
> The attached patch does just that... it runs a search in my MCP list before
> adding a new item. If the "path" attribute matches the path of the music
> that is going to be added, it returns and don't add anything. (this isn't a
> real patch... it is a result of "cvs diff > tron.diff" with the
> KDE_2_2_BRANCH cvs... if you want it in a different format, just tell me)
>
> I don't know if it will scale very well... it performs a linear search into
> the QDomElement structure... but I couldn't think of a better solution...
>
> ps: consider the patch in the same license of the plugin
I think this should at least be optional. Otherwise it would prevent users from \
compiling a playlist that contains some tracks more than once on purpose.  Actually I \
don't really see your problem. I have a file all.tronplaylist which is automatically \
created to contain all mp3s in /mnt/mp3. To get the updated version in Noatun, all I \
need to do is click open in Tron and select that playlist. On load, the list will \
                replace what is currently loaded, so that's definately no cause for \
                duplicates.
--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]