List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: KDE-gui for XMMS ?
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2001-05-28 10:23:17

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 12:12:41PM +0200, Christian A Strømmen [Number1/NumeroUno] wrote:
> After being in discussion with the xmms-guys for a while now, I've come to
> the conclusion that having a KDE-gui for XMMS would be a Good Thing (tm), the
> only question remaining is if we'll get somebody to code this.

This does already exist.(A QT widget which displays winamp 1.x 2.x skins)

Its in the noatun CVS (disabled)
or you can download the winamp QT Widget here:

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~mvogt/linux/kmpg/links.html

> It's not a lot of work, we just need to find somebody willing to do it.  The
> work will be released in the official XMMS-package, and the author will get
> write-access to the XMMS-cvs (kde-gui will be configurable with --enable-kde)
>
> So what needs to be done?  Well, the file-dialogs, the popup-menus and the
> config-dialogs needs to be converted from GTK to KDE, that's about it..
>
> Feel free to contact me if you're wondering about helping out..
>
> PS. I'm not a coder myself ;)

Someone needs to make the noatun winamp plugin compile/working.
You should take a look at it.

Martin