List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: gnome and arts
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-04-20 16:10:36

   Hi!

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 10:14:32PM -0400, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Someone might want to check this out:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2001-April/msg00093.html
>
> The root of the thread is here:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2001-April/msg00044.html
>
> Although, other people who have responded are of the impression it has
> already been decided to use aRts in GNOME.

Well, I gave a talk with Tim Janik about aRts/Gnome/CSL at the GUADEC.
We were also appointed there for solving the sound-interoperability issue
between Gnome & KDE. I am optimistic about aRts in Gnome, but obviously
that that kind of thing can't be decided at a conference, but needs to
be taken to the mailing lists for discussion.

   Cu... Stefan