List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: gstreamer instead of mpeglib
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-04-01 10:22:08

On Sunday 01 April 2001 01:08, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Wouldn't using mpg123 and smpeg be much wiser than selling out to the
> unethical stupid gstreamer/GNU/GLIB/GTK/GNOME æßwiips?

unethical? does a "g" in a name automatically mean that it doesn't fit our
ethic? What Martin said is that gstreamer would automatically give us a lot
of features that aren't and wouldn't be in the foreseeable future in arts
otherwise. If it is technically possible to integrate gstreamer support into
arts, it will surely be a good thing (tm).

Schimmi

--
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then
I realized who was telling me this.