List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    mpeglib's handling of signed and big audio?
From:       Carsten Griwodz <griff () ifi ! uio ! no>
Date:       2001-04-01 10:05:34

Hi !

After a longer pause, I have revently tried to use mpeglib on AIX again,
and the sound was quite garbled until I made some changes.

Was there any change in the signed and endianness handling in the last,
say, 3 months?

The flags for signedness and for endianness that are passed to audioSetup
do not reach the platform-specific audio code. The AIX audio devices wants
this information for initialization. Why is this not important for other
platforms???

CU, Carsten