List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: gstreamer instead of mpeglib
From:       Georg Waldschmidt <georg.waldschmidt () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-03-30 18:41:51

I think this is a good idea.
Although Martin did a great job on mpeglib, the design of
GStreamer is the best (IMHO).
The GStreamer team will remove the dependencies on GTK+ when
GObject is usable in glib (glib 2.0).
The only disadvantage I see are many gcc specific macros, which makes
the use of other compilers than gcc complicate.
But maybe this doesn't matter.

Regards,
Georg