List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: mpeglib Solaris 8
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-03-02 13:08:40

   Hi!

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 01:59:11PM +0100, Martin Vogt wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 11:10:15AM +0100, Ingo Schroeder wrote:
> > I understand that compiling the mpeglib is disabled under Solaris.
> >
> Arts has no sun/solaris audio output.
> mpeglib works on Solaris.(At least it has, have not checked it for
> some time)

But aRts has support for libaudioio, which in turn has Solaris audio output,
so in practice this means:

 * grab libaudioio (http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde/arts-solaris)
 * install it
 * compile KDE

and you will have audio support under Solaris. Of course it would be better
if we would include the necessary code in one of the next versions, without
installing extra stuff, but at least it works.

   Cu... Stefan