List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Some new Sounds for KDE, better Quality
From:       "Manuel F." <projectgroove () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-02-28 9:58:59

> We thought about having a pool of generic sounds, that can be used by many
> applications, additionally to the sound-theme sounds (mostly about window
> managing and "GUI"-sounds, i.e. menu-item clicked, popup menu appears,
> ...).

Yes, I guessed so.

> We also need some sounds suitable for games, so that finally more games
> will get sound support. I'm afraid the only reason for games not having
> sound support is that we don't have any sounds :}

Please have a look at:

http://home.germany.net/100-330491/res/28022001/

where I uploaded new generic sounds. Lots of click-sounds and maybe some
drop-sounds for ksame and more. You will find 2 directorys with single-sounds and
the same sounds packaged to rar-format (hope, it's ok):

misc_sounds.rar
clicks.rar

All sounds have this quality: mono, 44.1 khz, 16 bit PCM/Wav. Stereo-Sounds would
be used with themes then.

Greetings, Manuel Fischer