List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Kaboodle in kdemultimedia?
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-26 8:53:03

On Monday 26 February 2001 08:43, Charles Samuels wrote:
> On Sunday 25 February 2001 04:47 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 February 2001 03:23 am, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > > I'd say no...that just confuses the user
> > > btw. i don't like adding a non-finished thing into kdemultimedia
> > > If it has Konqueror Embedding that it will be good to add
> > > and always have in Konq's RMB:
> >
> > Unfinished is a relative thing.  I consider it not quite done because I
> > need to port back over Noatun's mime-type handling code, and I need to
> > add some keyboard accelerators to the interface.  It's not as if the
> > thing has menu items that are unimplemented or something. :-)
> >
> > I don't understand how it would confuse the user, though.  Noatun's the
> > thing with all the nifty plugins that takes forever to load (thanks to
> > slow loaders), and Kaboodle's the thing that doesn't have a playlist, but
> > loads quickly.
>
> While my f@#$ing isp was down today, I did some startup benchmarks.
> time to the stuff in NoatunApp::NoatunApp, and the rest to ld.so, but not
> ldopen.  We can find a way to reduce startup at least 50% I think.
>
> > It's not a pressing issue for me, though.  I just thought I'd suggest it,
> > because I've gotten some very positive feedback from people with slower
> > systems.

Cool Charles!
Ok my suggestion (where i'm also working on)

Kaboodle as Embedded-Konqueror app only!
Noatun as Standard Player.

Btw i'm currently working on the embedding part
it's nearly ready...here and there some layout changes
but it's very good!

Now my question....shall i delete all Kaboodle specific
things and make it a Only-Component-Library
...or make it also available as app?

Bye
 Bye
  Niko