List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Some new Sounds for KDE, better Quality
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-02-24 16:21:24

Hi Manuel,

thanks for doing some sounds, I think this is/was badly needed. What would
be even better IMHO (and MUCH harder to create) are less synthetic sounds -
recordings of real nice drum sounds and so on.

"Manuel F." <projectgroove@gmx.net> writes:
> Please tell me (and others) what sounds else to do. In which situations
> should a certain sound appear and what kind of sound?

I think one could use some kind of "plonk", "pling", "bang" kind of sounds
for different types of messageboxes. Also I think it would be nice to make
more simple apps knotify-aware; this is really not hard to do (if you got
ideas, I might have a look and put some loc in your fav app). I did so
with ksame some days ago; now it could make use of some kind of
"cheering crowd", "oooh" or "aaaah" sounds for winning/loosing. Or maybe
another sound for removing balls - just have a look.

(If you create sounds for ksame I think we could ship them with it and
activate them by default.)

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/