List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: evenements multim?dia
From:       Alexander Yakovlev <yshurik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-24 2:26:33

Hi All

On Tuesday 20 February 2001 03:52, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 07:53:43AM -0500, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
>
> Thanks for the translation, Cristian, I have to admit my French is not
> sufficient for this mail :-}
>
> > He proposes to put a really speaking sound themes set on KDE. Of course,
> > his proposal, a selectable (language, gender, tonality, humors etc.)
> > would require a voice synthesis engine, but providing a few sets premade
> > could work.
> >
> > He then continues proposing a configuration of verbosity of sound events
> > in the interface. This is a nice suggestions and could be a not so
> > difficult to add enhancement to KNotify in general.
> >
> > > Ok? Pas ok?
> > >
> > :-) I'd say it's OK, but it's rather a thing to do in the (not so
> > : distant)
> >
> > future, once we have all things stabilized and an essential set of sounds
> > (beeps and blopps, mind you) would be already available.
>
> Definitely sounds interesting to integrate some speech engine into KDE. I
> think Rich already worked on that (using Festival), creating a
> speech-enabled KEdit.

I install Festival and
now use it with a speechdaemon through "artsdsp"
but the artsdsp don't wait when playing finish
And sometime a speech is mixing ( two and more voices ;)

Somebody know how resolve this problem ?

Cool to all kde-events set `run echo "message" > /dev/speech` ;))

Sorry for bad english

> And yes, KNotify and the Config-module definitely need some work. I'll
> move that up on my TODO for 2.2.
>
> Best wishes,
> Carsten Pfeiffer

Best regards