List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    noatun CVS 8.1
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2001-01-14 14:21:05

Hi,

here some bugs/features I found with the 08.01.01 noatun CVS snapshot.
(Ok, its a bit old, but this was the latest CVS snap on ftp.kde.org
yesterday)

1. remove all noatun config files

   rm ~/.kde/share/config/noatunrc
   rm -rf ~/.kde/share/apps/noatun/

   and restart noatun -> SIGSEV

   a bugfix seems to be:
   modules/splitplaylist/view.cpp:
   if (item != NULL) {
      cerr << "n " <<  item->file().latin1() << endl;
      SPL->setCurrent(item);
   }

2. - now start noatun (with all configs removed)
   - start konqi
   - drag an mp3 from konqi over noatun
   - close noatun (with the X from the WM)
   - restart noatun
   bug: noatun has no gui.

3. it seems selecting a directory with sub directories in the
   playlist lets noatun crash

4. start noatun with no configs, and move the "simple GUI"
   into the active list and the "default GUI" into the inactive
   list. Apply->Boom.

Features: (with the default GUI)

- "Del" key in playlist does not work
- cannot drop directories
- "disk" button in playlist does not work
  (at least nothing seems to happen if you press it)
- playing a file with zero length stops playlist advance
  (maybe a bug in artsd or mpeglib)
- select song in playlist. remove it with the remove button
  -> noatun does not automatically select another song
- the text "playlist looping" does not fit on the button
- play a song, hit pause, hit stop --> the "play" icon
  disappears.(but you still can press play, and noatun plays
  the song)
- Hm, I cannot remove the "default playlist" with drag/drop ?
  ah, seems to remove itsself when I acivate the other
- restart noatun, drag some files in the default playlist
  play first file. switch playlist to Liszt --> Liszt playlist
  starts empty.(Shouldn't all files be inserted with score "1")
- the "behaviour" between the two playlists is different.
  a single click in the bottom playlist directly play the song
  whereas in the default playlist you select on.
  Why isnt't the bottom playlist in the Liszt view not
  the "default" playlist ?(should mean: identical optiects,
  the bottom is an instance of the default view)
- I cannot remove songs in the Liszt playlist.
- I cannot move songs around (different order) in the lower view.
- "Process Playlist Items for Display" under "Options" seems not to have
  any effect. Is this supposed to detect length/tags for
  dropped songs in the playlist?
- the treeview of the plugins/options can be a bit wider
  as default.
- clickin in the "Configure Noatun Plugins" Dialog:
  click in the "Name" Button in the lower listbox -> sorts by name
  click in the "Name" Button in the top listbox -> nothing happens
  (at least this is inconsistent behaviour)

Ok, these are the things I found when playing around with
noatun for 15 minutes.

Martin