List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Network Streaming
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-01 22:04:10

This is how noatun "does" network "streaming"

Download the KURL with the kio-slaves.
send the local file to arts and play.

this obviously doesn't work so well on Shoutcast streams.

So, I'm proposing a flag in the PlayObject*.mcopclass specs to differentiate
between "files" and "streams" where noatun will forward the URL directly for
"stream" based PlayObjects.

And we really should have this done by KDE2.1 (but it's also not superbly
difficult)

-Charles