List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Problem _does_ exist
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-11-13 19:12:19

Martin Vogt escribi=F3:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> the bug report that artsd play wrong/sizzling/choppy sound
> really exists.
> Today I got a bug report:
> =

> After 5 hours idle time (nothing was played) the user
> started xmms with the arts plugin and he had the noisy
> sound.
> After kill -9 artsd (and restart) everything was fine.
> The user had the "duplex" mode acivated for the 5 hours.
> resampling error?
> =

Oops, I nearly forgot to mention that I tried Stefan's
aRts builder to save the output of out_soundcard bus to =

a file when everything was broken and .... the wav file was
ok.

That is, the output from the speaker was distorted but the =

wav file was ok.

Btw, I've been showing aRts in a talk this weekend in
a university in Madrid (Spain). People liked it a lot.
Also, there's a problem with mpeglib (and plugins in =

general, but it happened to me when trying to play a
simple mp3 file) with Debian (which was installed in
the computer I had to use in the presentation).

aRts tries to load plugins by using name.so , but
debian just installs name.so.1 and name.so.1.2.3 .
I suppose the correct fix would be to fix Debian's
scripts, but aRts could also be told to load name.so.X
what do you think ?

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez