List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Avifile integration
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-11-11 22:21:45

   Hi!

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 09:50:19PM +0100, Marc Haisenko wrote:
> 	I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but what about using
> avifile (http://sourceforge.net/projects/avifile) when present in aktion! ?
> This would give great AVI support, because it uses the original, legaly
> avaible Windows-Codecs. I'd like to add that feature, but want to ask if
> that's what you KDE folks want me to do...

Oh yes, that definitely sounds cool. If it is able to use all the codecs,
it would stop all the complaints "well, I have to boot windows because
codec foobar isn't available" once forever.

It would be really great if you could encapsulate it in such a way that
if will be available as Arts::PlayObject afterwards. Then, it will be usable
in kaiman / noatun and any other KDE2 complaint media player. Feel free
to ask if something isn't clear.

Looking forward to your code ;)

   Cu... Stefan