List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: XMMS aRts output plugin
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-09-01 21:34:20

   Hi!

I am happy to announce that B. Heath Robinson has made available the first
release of his XMMS plugin for aRts, so that you can use aRts and XMMS
together (without patchy hacks ;). The idea is that you can simply keep
artsd running all the time, having window manager sounds, output of kaiman,
kde games and other apps, and simultaneously use XMMS.

I hope that other apps will follow this path, as it will really efficiently
remove the only-one-sound-app-at-a-time limitation for KDE2.0 and beyond.

-----Forwarded message from "B. Heath Robinson" <bheathr@mail.com>-----

Thanks.  The new snapshot worked well.  I have the first release done, so you
can point people to http://home.earthlink.net/~bheath/xmms-arts/ to use xmms
with aRts.

-----End of forwarded message-----

   Cu... Stefan