List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: some questions...
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-08-27 20:43:36

Hi,

> The first thing I want to know:
> Why is there no entry for kaiman in the kde-taskbar?

Good question ;-) I reported that some minutes ago. Seems to be either a
problem of kwin or kicker.

> When I play sounds via arts they are overdriven. I have to open artscontrol
> and adjust the slider to a 25%-33%-position. This has nothing to do with
> kmix. If I close artscontrol these adjustment get lost. Can I save the
> slider position to a
> config-file?

This is a known problem. Though please file a bug report. This is always a
good idea because no developer likes a high bug report count for his project
;-)

> My system has 2 mixers. One for the SB-live and one for the webcam-mic.
> There seems to be multi-mixer support in kmix but I can only see the
> SB-live mixer. But when I take the kicker-mixer-applet I can choose between
> SB-live and Webcam mixer. Is it possible to put this from the applet back
> to kmix?

They use the same code. Try out file/new in kmix. You will get the same
selection box as in kmixapplet.