List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Patch for Kaiman
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-08-25 12:08:10

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 01:36:44PM +0200, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Martin Vogt wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I think we cannot include it, and it cannot be included in any
> > distribution, because it still needs the windows dll for decoding.
> > (Well, we can include it but without the dll, but its too late
> > for including it now)
>
> is it dependend on the windows dll? Can't it check at runtime if the dll
> is there or not?

Is possible, but all you can say is:
please download/install it manually.
So there is no advantage in inculding the divxplugin somewhere,
you still need to install something.

> > But we have the same problem with vorbis/ogg.
>
> Because we don't have that in kdesupport? Why can't we put those there?

I think this makes kdesupport too "big" someone who does
not need kdemultimedia still installs all mutlimedia codecs.
This should be a new package "kde-multimedia-support"
We should include vorbis after 1.0.

Btw: the current vorbis-cvs snap runs again with KDE 2.0.

Martin