List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Video
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-07-19 13:05:42

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 08:59:28PM -0700, Charles wrote:

> I'm not going to stop complaining until it's implemented, and I'de do it
> myself, but I'll certainly break something :)
>
> So here is a bit from our own #kde
>

> Since I've proven that reparenting the window doesn't work, we're stuck with
> passing the ID of a window to paint to.  Now, this isn't too hard at all, but
> the mpeglib codebase is huge, and I can not find anything.
>
> So, whoever volunteers, I don't want to mention names, Martin, but this one
> certain person could probably manage to do this in about 15 minutes, assuming
> that he knows anything about his own code base!

I'm not doing it for KDE 2.0
It takes more than 15 minutes, we need interfaces in idl and mpeglib
for this. We need tests for this and interfaces changes.

If you want to start with it, look at the class renderMachine,
there is the X11 wrapper, but be cautious.
The code in renderMachine is touched by the video thread
you have to consider races between the config calls and this thread.

We dont need re-parenting.At least not now.

regards,

Martin