List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: artsd 'silent' forever after suspend and mpg123 magic fix
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-07-06 23:13:03

   Hi!

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 11:49:41PM +0200, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> So any hit where to add some debugging printf and what else to check
> would be very kind.

Here are a few I would add in the first round:

1. In flow/synthschedule.cc, inside the if in

   void StdFlowSystem::restart()
   (should be called on desuspend)

2. In flow/synth_play_impl.cc, maybe before and after the requireFlow() inside

   void Synth_PLAY_impl::needMore()
   (should be called as sson as a sample block is requested by the soundcard)

3. Randomly distribute some into flow/audiosubsys.cc, especially open, close
   read, write, handleIO (you could also compare the initialization here to
   this performed in mpg123 which you say kind-of fixes the problem)

4. Into mcop/iomanager.cc, into the main event loop, below while(tonotify != 0)
   (print w->fd(), and see if the audio fd gets notified, should happen
    before needMore())

I've got similar reports by at least two other people, for one of them I know
that it was with an es1371 soundcard.

   Cu... Stefan