List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: artsplug near final
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-06-21 8:19:21

> > ARTS:
> > http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde/arts-snapshot-doc.html
> >

> Shouldn't this be on CVS ?

I still use KDE 1.1.2 and use the daily (standalone) snaps.
I think the snapshots are the same as in KDE.

> > MPEGLIB:
> > http://mpeglib.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > ARTSPLUG:
> > http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~mvogt/linux/kmpg/links.html
> >

> And this too ?
> Perhaps putting mpeglib on kdesupport ?
> (btw, is mpeglib the mp3 decoder, the mpeg video decoder, or both ? )

more.

*wav
*mpeg I :mp3 (mp1 and mp2)
*mpeg I video
*ogg support
*vob(mpeg2) /ac3 (dvd) support

note: vob support is implemented, but ac3dec and mpeg2dec
      has still too much bugs.
      (no seek,does not play everything,no multiple instances,
       no support for sync information,does not compile as libs,
       more,...)

mod file support is missing, I had support for this some time
ago, but dropped it.

> We _need_ an mp3 player on kdemultimedia asap. Anybody wanting to

mpeglib has one but its not included in kde-multimedia.

> Btw, Martin, does kmpg work for you ? (hmm, I suppose so, as you're
> the author :) )

yes & yes.

> I tested a version from a couple of months ago for a project
> in my univ where they needed a mpeg 1 player, but it did have
> some synchronisation problems with video and audio. I'm sorry, but
> I won't be able to test the current version until July (you know,
> exams, so I'm on an email-only diet). Has this been solved ?

The sync Problem is _really_ a problem.
kmpg will never get it right, but in arts/artsplug/mpeglib
this works as good as in mtv.
the standalone yaf-* players work even in kmpg.

reason: in kmpg the audio/video is played in different processes.

regards,

Martin