List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: artsplug near final
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-06-20 9:44:18

Martin Vogt wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> the latest artsplug version removes all remaining segfaults
> and deadlocks. It should be very stable.

Cool,

> It seems that linking of artsd against -lpthread
> is no more necessary.
>
> Now you can play ogg/mp3/mpeg video simultanously
> and can have many instances of each.
>
> The sync problem between artsplug/mpeglib is solved as well.
>
> I have tested it with arts-snapshot 15.6.
>
> URLS:
>
> ARTS:
> http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde/arts-snapshot-doc.html

Shouldn't this be on CVS ?

> MPEGLIB:
> http://mpeglib.sourceforge.net/
>
> ARTSPLUG:
> http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~mvogt/linux/kmpg/links.html

And this too ?
Perhaps putting mpeglib on kdesupport ?
(btw, is mpeglib the mp3 decoder, the mpeg video decoder, or both ? )

We _need_ an mp3 player on kdemultimedia asap. Anybody wanting to
work on kaiman ? (which is too cool to be left as it's now, as it
will be excluded from the main distribution if nobody continues
Christian's excellent work)

Btw, Martin, does kmpg work for you ? (hmm, I suppose so, as you're
the author :) )
I tested a version from a couple of months ago for a project
in my univ where they needed a mpeg 1 player, but it did have
some synchronisation problems with video and audio. I'm sorry, but
I won't be able to test the current version until July (you know,
exams, so I'm on an email-only diet). Has this been solved ?

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
Student of Mathematics