List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    artsdsp in nsplugins
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-06-20 13:22:36

Hi,
I tried to use artsdsp to make Netscape plugins arts aware. Unfortunately the
preload trick fails.
I called nspluginviewer with artsdsp. nspluginviewer loads the Netscape
plugins as shared libraries, but the "overloaded" functions of artsdsp aren't
called by the plugins. I tested this with the Macromedia Flash plugin.
Does anybody know why this doesn't work?
In nspluginloader.cpp in kdebase/nsplugins you will some "#ifdef 0"
surrounded code that calls artsdsp instead of nspluginviewer. Feel free to
activate it ;-)

Stefan