List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: artsplug update
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-06-11 17:50:57

   Hi!

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 07:46:22AM -0700, Charles wrote:
> Well. A little good news, a little bad news.  The good news is that not only
> does mpeglib work, and not only does noatun "work", but the two work together!
>
> Tiny little issue.  I'm here playing an mp3 file.  mpeglib reports it as 8:31
> in length (which is true).  I'm also playing the song.  I've already gotten
> 9:17 seconds into it, which is pretty cool, I'm hearing the unheard portion :)
>
> it only does this ... interesting... event when you seek ( which works in
> noatun :).  I think it multiplies the time by a very large number before
> actually seeking there.

My results so far are: Noatun plays wav and mp3. But it will not seek at all
for me, and also not move the position slider? I've updated the whole cvs
tree yesterday, and noatun is also recent.

Seems that in the if(seeker()) connect(...) line (noatun.cpp), seeker() is
returning 0.

Another issue was that length() in the mp3 PlayObject is undefined while the
other thread is still loading it which resulted in a division by zero in
noatun, see my CVS log entry.

   Cu... Stefan