List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Kaiman (=kmedia2), QImage, QPixmap, PNG and alpha channel
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-12-01 22:13:09

Hi,

I am currently playing around with doing a basic framework for the new
KDE media player. I am currently favouring doing a skin based player,
being based on the GQmpeg skins - very cool skins using shaped windows.

I now got the parser for the skin config files finished and loading and
showing of skins works fine.

There is only the problem of aqiuring the shape information:

The shape is always stored in an extra PNG picture. As far as I have understood
it is not stored as a color, but as tranparency information. So is there a way to
access the transparency information with QImage or QPixmap?

  Christian

(PS: Yes, I have tried to do the mask creation by evaluating the color
information, but it only worked on some skins. The heuristicMask() function
of Qt works on other skins, but not an all.)

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone