List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: KMix major changes: Your help is needed
From:       Billy Biggs <vektor () div8 ! net>
Date:       1999-11-14 22:55:47

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Christian Esken wrote:

> > Also, why when I close the window, the KMix closed? why can't it be
> > closed ONLY from the docked menu?
>
> Why? It simply does what every application does: It quits, when you
> press the "close" button of the window manager.

  This does get confusing though.  I don't think that the docked app
should be the same as actually running kmix, and I think this behavior
should extend to most apps that 'dock'.

  For example, I like having access to a mixer from the panel.  I also
have a habit of closing the window when I'm done with it.  This is
annoying, since it's then gone from the dock!  In the end, I just gave up,
and started using aumix.  Ugh.

  The point is: if something is docked in the panel, it should be there to
stay for a long period of time.  It shouldn't disappear if I accidentally
close the app.  The feature of having the panel never consistently hold
any applications has kept me from using it.

  Oh, and a kmix peeve- On Solaris, it's pretty common to just have one
slider for kmix: audio volume.  kmix has the annoying feature of not being
resizable, which means I can't get to the menu at all.  It was pretty
useless.

  Fixed-size apps are usually a real pain.  kmix is no exception.

--
Billy Biggs                         vektor@div8.net
http://www.div8.net/billy       wbiggs@uwaterloo.ca