List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    KDE startup and logout sounds
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2004-09-04 11:43:17

Hi,

I need some help with the behaviour of KDE startup and logout sounds. Both have \
problems on many systems:

1) You do not hear the start of the startup sound.
This is due to the fact, that "kmixctrl --restore" resides in the autostart folder \
and can actually run too late. Obviously it runs after artsd, which should not be \
like that. Does anybody can tell me how we could fix this? I have absolutely no clue \
who actually starts artsd. My guess is that kcminit starts artsd, and ksmserver \
starts the autostart stuff after that. The trivial fix is to put "kmixctrl --restore" \
directly in the "startkde" script, but that is wrong, because there is a condition \
"X-KDE-autostart-condition=kmixrc::startkdeRestore:true". Surely this could also be \
tested in "startkde" via the kreadconfig command, but is this a good idea?

2) You do not hear the end of the logout sound. KDE terminates without waiting for \
the sound to finish playing. I have no idea how to fix that.

Does anybody
Chris