List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Quality Teams offer
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-03-14 13:18:12

On Friday 12 Mar 2004 22:51, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2004 14:19, Tom Chance wrote:
> > Has anyone on this list had a chance to look at the wiki page? I'm a
> > little disappointed by the lack of feedback on this, since you're all
> > being offered help on a variety of tasks including managing bugs,
> > documentation, promoting your work, etc.
>
> What kind of feedback do you expect?

Well that will do :-) I think it's important that developers and Quality Team
members become accustomed to interacting, at least.

> > We are here to work *with* you, not around you, so please respond and
> > indicate how you'd like to see us work and on what.
>
> I've amended the wiki page and added the tasks for which we are currently
> seeking help. So we developers are sort of waiting for feedback, too :)
> OTOH of course it's clear that we're talking about volunteer work, so you
> can't just expect people to do something. Motivation is the key.
>
> Maybe we must be patient and wait for things to settle down a bit?

Perhaps. I'm planning on following up a lot of the initial e-mails offering
help, and hopefully following up on the dot.kde.org article listing the teams
that are now established. Thanks for updating the wiki, by the way.

Tom