List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Quality Teams offer
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-03-09 19:38:28

On Monday 08 March 2004 23:51, Tom Chance wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm coordinating the kdemultimedia Quality Team, at least until the project
> gets off the ground. I've set-up a homepage for the team on the KDE wiki,
> on which we will collect information on who is working on what, and what
> tasks are open for new contributors. See my (limited) work so far here:

Two ideas (although I'm not really a kdemultimedia developer):

1.) short ago here was a lengthy discussion about the future of the kde
multimedia framework. It seems there are four alternatives: arts, gstreamer
(www.gstreamer.net) , MAS (www.mediaapplicationserver.net) and NMM
(www.networkmultimedia.org)
So, one task could be to experiment with these frameworks so that we get some
results how stable/reliable/efficient/portable/featureful they are.

2.) Maybe the cd playing functionality in kscd could be split into a shared
lib so that other apps which want to play audio cd's can also use it ?

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de