List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Four weeks to Beta 1 - Where's Video?
From:       Ewald Snel <ewald () rambo ! its ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-06-05 10:47:27

Hi Neil,

[...]

> OK, now please commit it all.  It is time.

Okay, but are the other KDE multimedia developers okay with that?
Please respond if you have any objections.

I would also like to move some of the video actions (like Fullscreen) into
Noatun, so all GUI plugins and the context menu can use these. This should be
useful, even if the video system (xine/mpeglib) is to be replaced in KDE-4.0.

Another feature that should be removed from the xine arts plugin is the
support for multiple output windows. This should be handled by Noatun IMHO,
because Noatun is the only Media Player that supports multiple simultaneous
GUIs for one PlayObject (VideoPlayObject in this case). This should also make
it easier to adapt mpeglib to the new VideoPlayObject interface.

For Noatun GUI plugins that don't have video support, we could use a popup
window like mpeglib (using the KVideoWidget class).

Thanks.
bye,

ewald