List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: [announce] xine aRts plugin 0.1
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-01-29 20:20:59

Moin,

On Sonntag, 27. Januar 2002 00:29, Ewald Snel wrote:
> For anyone who might be interested, I wrote an aRts plugin for xine. The
Mhh, nice :)

> playback. It still has some bugs, but it should work with KDE-2.x.
It also works with KDE3 from CVS if you move everything from $KDEDIR/lib/kde2
to $KDEDIR/lib/kde3.

Hmm, we still need some nice admin-dir that automatically installs in the
right paths depending on the kde-version.

Generally the thing works for me but I got some problems:
- skipping tends to freeze the plugin and sometimes also noatun/kaboodle
- garbled image with avi sometimes, I heard that's xine-related and fixed in
xine-CVS
- pitching does not work for xine-plugin
- no preferences for the plugin, I think that's rather an arts-design-question

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn@gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein