List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: How to set BG image from a shell script?
From:       Chris Watson <opsys () voodooland ! net>
Date:       2001-12-13 3:46:15

> Simpler on KDE:
>
> dcop kdesktop KBackgroundIface setWallpaper /path/to/wallpaper.jpg mode
>
> Where mode is an integer from 0 to something.
> The mode means tiled/centered/whatever, just try starting from 0 and see
> what it does ;-)

Outstanding! That is JUST what I wanted. I didnt even *realize* you can use
dcop like this. The online help  in KDE is *very* sparse, where can I find
doc's on dcop usage? That is a very slick way of controling things. Thanks
for  the information!! KDE is bar far the best UI for unix we have available
:-)

Chris