List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: winskin state?
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2001-11-29 20:17:14

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:52:11AM -0800, Charles Samuels wrote:

> Now I'll complain a bit: you can't click anywhere on the seeker to seek, the
> scope is forced on, neither the top-left menu icon or the top-right close
> icon work, and there's no ui to change skins.
>
> The last one is obviously the big one :)

Yes, the slider code comes from qt-1.44. Maybe it can be done
better with qt-3.0, but currently this is not on my TODO list.
If someone want's to change this, its ok.
To the skins: I' happy with the current one, so like the slider,
              its not on my TODO list.
The skin loading code is there.
I would suggest the following UI for skin selection.
A simple drop dialog which accepts the path to a directory
or a tgz od zip etc.
If you load a tgz skin it temporily extrac the skin in /tmp.
The code is there, it needs only the GUI.

The close/min buttons are not accessible over a qwidget.
This would be some work to enable them

> Otherwise, nice work, and I must say, that's the nicest FFT I've seen so far.
>  (Wanna relicense it LGPL or better? [grin] )

No problem, choose whatever (compatible) license you like.
(but xmms fft is still nicer)
I have an xmms fft ready, but it uses more cpu than the current
one. The xmms fft does better scaling and calculates "power values".
_This_ looks really nice.
(The xmms fft is in the kmpg package, if you want to check it)

Martin