List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: KDE3.0 Multimedia Meeting Summary
From:       Ilya Konstantinov <kde-devel () future ! shiny ! co ! il>
Date:       2001-10-26 13:18:21

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:19:27PM +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>         The KDE3.0 Multimedia Meeting, IRC discussion summary

I was expecting things like:

- Implement the (great IMHO) idea of having mixer controls for the
running applications (e.g. Quake, Noatun...) rather than hardware mixer
controls. People shouldn't care about the distinctions between PCM1,
PCM2, MIDI or whatever - they just wanna have their Quake lower and
their MP3s higher.

- Better support for multiple sound cards and hardware-mixing sound
cards.

- Exposing the beauty of network transparency to the user - e.g. so I
could easily select a target "speaker" on a different computer from
Noatun and play my MP3s to it (not decoded streams which'll saturate
the LAN, but the actual MP3 stream which'll be decoded on the server's
side).

Also, what is our position on GStreamer?