List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: State of the Noatun
From:       Stephan de Georgio <sd24 () ukc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-25 13:05:33

On Thursday 25 October 2001 8:59 am, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> Oh well, if you just need playing without GUI, you probably can use a
> KPlayObject from libartskde, or, even more direct, Arts::PlayObject. Thats
> what konqueror does for pre-hear, too (nobody wants to implement mp3
> players all the time, thats why we have aRts).

What I meant was that I need a player that has methods that return track
lengths, track titles etc.  This would be extremely useful for me.

Is there any mp3/ogg tag reading code in KDE at the moment as I need this in
my app and I will have to use some other libraries if it isn't.

Cheers,

--
Stephan
e-mail - sd24@ukc.ac.uk