List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Equalizer diag.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-09-29 8:37:01

> > Comments?
>
> I'm not a big fan of the groupboxes, and I think the list should go on the
> other side.  Oh, and "Main" should be "Preamp" instead :)
>
> It'd be cool if you could get the notches to be logarithmic like this:
>
> _
> _
>
> _
>

> _
>

> _
>

> _
>

> _
>
> _
> _
>

> Since that's how the scale actually works.

I made the diag looking at the way users will use it, not how it is implemented.
Naturally it has to reflect the way it is implemented, but in this case I am not
quite sure you are right on the logoritmic scale.

The thing is that our ears are also logoritmic, so basically they cancel each
other out. Sliding the slider up one notch means a logoritmic increase and is
heard as a linear increase by the brain. So the GUI should be linear.

Also, "Preamp" is something I doubt will be clear to non-technical users, "Main"
will point them in the right direction.

Yes I might be someone who looks at the tiny details with far to much attention,
but that is the stuff that makes a good UI...
And that is what I do; make user interfaces ;)