List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: [noatun] New Noatun plugin - lyrics
From:       Ismael Orenstein <perdig () linuxbr ! com ! br>
Date:       2001-09-14 20:57:58

On Friday 14 September 2001 00:39, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > Ok... but how can I get an account? (I must talk with who? :) )
>
> Drop a mail to David Faure <dfaure@kde.org> with an encrypted password
> (see http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/howto/maillists.html
> ), tell him you need the account for your work on noatun plugins,
> especially to maintain your new lyrics plugin.  (which Charles seemed
> excited about).

Yeah, I now have an account. (I was amazed at how fast David replied to my
mail! :) )... and the Lyrics plugin is at kdeaddons/noatun-plugins

> > But I just want to know what you think is the better way to do it... I
> > think we have the following options:
> >
> > 1) Leave the Tag Loaders with just the tag informations... that is, just
> > the Title, Artist, Album, etc. Then, each plugin must decide how to
> > display it (the Tron playlist can display each information on a column),
> > the Excellent UI can display it in the status bar in a [Artist] - Title
> > fashion, and the Young Hickory can use a similar way.
>
> That's what we do.  Currently, the Tag loaders set certain "properties"
> for the current plyalist item via PlayListItem::setProperty, and any
> plugin can read them via PlayListItem::property.
>
> For Excellent, I'd ask that you put each tag entry in a separate status
> bar box, though.  Title | Artist | Album | Length, or whatever,
> configurable.  As we now have just Length.

I agree with you... it would look a lot nicer having several (configurable)
status box. However, it should be able to check if the tag isn't empty... if
it is, then it should just display the file name.

BTW, have you checked out my Young Hickory patch? It should add the "Plugins"
menu to the systray interface (thus allowing you to view the lyrics without
having to show the noatun interface... I know, this is just for the lazy
ones... but what is a sytstray interface for anyway?)

[]'s

--
Ismael Orenstein (UIN 1293061)
perdig@linuxbr.com.br