List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    Re: building on MADDE
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-27 13:46:57

26 July 2010 23:52:19 Marco Martin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > since i seen there
is a start of work on
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Mobile/MADDE
> >

> > i was thinkering arund with
> > MADDE to have a reasonably complete kde
built in it: don't even have a
> > device to try it on, but i wanted to help
to get the tutorial more or
> > less complete.
> >
> > right now how is
workable? does it already build or there are
> > still problems (aka help
needed) around?
> > i started to build the various
> > dependencies, phonon
from git (success!) dbusmenu (success) and
> > kdesupport.
> > now that
seems to require boost. can it somehow be "installed"
> > in madde?
>
> Not
really. But boost doesn't use any host tools (== tools that have to run
> at
compile time), then you can just unpack the *.deb files from the
> fremantle
repositories into the MADDE sysroot.

ok. if this is an acceptable way to
go, i can throw a couple of scripts that uncompress the required debs in the
proper place

> > anyways, this seemed to work (could add to the wiki if
doesn't
> > contain too big bestialities and/or there isn't a better way)
>

> > --
> > build
> > boost:
> > cd boost srcs
> > vim
tools/build/v2/user-config.jam
> > add a line:
> > using
> > gcc : 4.2.1 :
>
> /path/to/your/home/.madde/0.6.72/targets/fremantle-pr12/bin/g++ ;

./bjam

--prefix=/path/to/your/home/.madde/0.6.72/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-

> 10 . 2010.19-1-slim/usr/
> > ./bjam

--prefix=/path/to/your/home/.madde/0.6.72/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-

> 10 . 2010.19-1-slim/usr/ install
> > --
> >
> > then kdesupport still
fails for nss
> > dependencies in QCA, and here we are again in getting
dependencies in
> > madde..
> >
> > -if- this work is considered useful I
can continue t bang my head
> > on it (maybe with some guidance :p) until a
good tutorial is on place, at
> > least to have a complete kdelibs
>
> My
approach was to rather remove dependencies than to try to make those

cross- compile, but then again, I'm quite lazy ;)

> Harald

i agree
absolutely i'll try a build with as less stuff as possible.. however i feel
qca kinda makes sense in a mobile environment, so i'll try to get a minimum
of dependencies going.

Cheers,
Marco Martin