List:       kde-maemo
Subject:    [Kde-maemo] which to "optify" (is: KDE packaging for Maemo)
From:       ervin () kde ! org (Kevin Ottens)
Date:       2010-02-01 9:19:53

On Monday 1 February 2010 10:10:09 Alexis M?nard wrote:
> 2010/2/1 Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>:
> > I think we could aim at something like this:
> >  - /opt/qt4-maemo5, which is current prefix for Qt 4.6
>
> This will change when the final release will be out. The next big
> firmware update will probably put it in the usual path.

Sure, I purposefully ignored that fact though as really it doesn't make a big
difference for us. It'll be just /opt/qt4-maemo5 becoming /usr. ;-)

Note that doing so in Fremantle is a risk for Nokia though, as there's
apparently quite a few Qt 4.5 + Maemo extensions apps out there for the N900,
and that AFAIK the Qt 4.6 Maemo extensions are rather not compatible with the
former ones... So suddenly those third party apps would break.

But as I said, doesn't make a difference for us, we depend on Qt 4.6 anyway.

Regards.
--
K?vin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net